Thoroughly read all of the introductory pages (including this one!) before proceeding.
Custom firmwares (CFW) are software modifications for the numworks. They allow you to do anything that the Numworks is physically capable of doing, rather than being limited by whatever Numworks allows you to do.
Popular uses for CFW include:
- Running homebrew software and games made for or ported to the Numworks
- Installing apps like emulators
- Installing KhiCAS, a very powerful Computer Algebra Software
- Installing others CFW, like Omega or Upsilon
What does this guide contain?
This guide will explain how to:
- Unlock your calculator if you need to
- Install a CFW on your calculator
- Install a custom bootloader
What do I need to know before starting?
- The techniques described in this guide are pretty much in their infancy. We are not responsible for anything that goes wrong with your device. There is a slight chance that you might brick your device.
- This guide is compatible with every retail device in the Numworks family of calculators.
If you want to understand better how unlocking the calculator works, click here