For support in English, ask for help on the Omega Discord.
Thoroughly read all of the introductory pages (including this one!) before proceeding.
Custom firmwares (CFW) are software modifications for the numworks. They allow you to do anything that the Numworks is physically capable of doing, rather than being limited by whatever Numworks allows you to do.
Popular uses for CFW include:
- Running homebrew software and games made for or ported to the Numworks
- Installing emulators
- Installing KhiCAS, a very powerful Computer Algebra Software
- Installing others CFW, like Omega, Upsilon or Khi
What does this guide install?
This guide will:
- Help you decide wether or not you need to install Phi
- Install the Phi installer as an external app
- Install Phi’s custom bootloader
- Help you install any of the cited CFW
What do I need to know before starting?
- The techniques described in this guide are pretty much in their infancy. We are not responsible for anything that goes wrong with your device. There is a slight chance that you might brick your device.
- This guide is compatible with every retail device in the Numworks family of calculators.