We will now downgrade to Epsilon 18.2.0
What You Need
- A chromium-based browser (we recommend using chromium directly)
- Epsilon 18.2.0
18-2-0.dfu(since Numworks deleted this file from their website because of Phi, we cannot give you a link here)
- This python script: Linux and macOS version, Windows version
Section I - Extracting the external binary
Since Epsilon is now proprietary, we can’t distribute the external flash image directly. We thus have to make you extract it.
- Install python on your platform
- Download Epsilon 18.2.0
- Create a new folder
- Put the python script in that folder
- Put 18-2-0.dfu in that folder
- Run the script
You should now have an internal.bin and an external.bin file
Section II - Downgrade
- Open WebDFU in a chromium-based browser
- Hold the 6 key on your numworks and press the reset button
- You should now see the Epsilon bootloader interface
- Click “flash external”
- Once flashing is done, press the reset button on your Numworks
You should now see version 18.2.0 in Settings > About.
If it is not the case or your Numworks doesn’t boot, please join the Omega Discord.